This structure was started in 1862 on the site of the original Pogin-mim compound that had been destroyed in 1840. It is primarily a show-piece designed in a neo-Gothic style, with a Norman-type keep (where the Pogin tower used to be) and French-style towers, but is also the seat of administration for the area on the east side of Lake Jatta. Baron Lar'min, from a distaff branch of the royal family, is the titular head of this sector. The Lord Mayor, Chief Constable, and Colonel-General are also important figures who have quarters here. Lar-min itself (see below) is the second largest town in Estalia, followed by nearby Smardogg.